Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Advice on stopping red hair dye from fading?

I am thinking of getting my hair all dyed red.


ive had it done before in streeks and i reali liked it...


but the problem was it faded very quickly.


ive tried not washing my hair till every 2 says but im a teenager and my hair gets greasy easily cuz of the oil so i hav 2 wash it once a day.





any advice on how 2 make the colour last longer?


HELP!Advice on stopping red hair dye from fading?
Use the shampoo for red hair and wash your hair in as coldest water as you can stand. Its what my stylist told me to do when I died red chunks in my hair.Advice on stopping red hair dye from fading?
Art-Tek makes a colored shampoo to help keep in the color you have had put in your hair. You can get it through your hair dresser. This is not good for streaks, only good for a one color head of hair.
1st its what kind of dye u use {best 1 is dark an lovely}then its how Good u wash it out,an keep your hair wrapped an tied up if your not out side Good luck
Use one of the shampoos for dyed hair. Tony and Guy make one called something like Cranberry red....it wont affect the rest of your hair - but it will help to keep the streaks the right colour :)
Wash with color friendly shampoo, you can buy some at walmart.


And wash with cold water :]
you can get red shampoo stuff to try keep it in but it does fade there is not alot you can do really
thats the trouble with red dye unfortunatly
you can't stop it fading....only washing it less will prevent the colour loss ... all hair dyes etc....fade.
Mine faded so quickly when I had my whole hair red. Maybe try the shampoo and conditioner for red hair?
i have red hair and it not faded out (:
keep dying it.. or bleach it then dye it
use color safe shampoo
Hi Hannah!


Ok, first of all - you actually don't have to wash your hair every day! I know it sounds crazy, I thought it did when my stylist told me years ago to not do that. My hair gets greasy after a day of not washing it too! But you only need to *shampoo* it once per week, the other days, just rinse it out really good with water, and a lightweight conditioner if you so desire. Your hair isn't greasy, and it's actually even much easier to deal with and to style. And it's so much better for your hair, colored or not. But esp colored hair needs all the oils it can get!


As far as coloring your hair red and wanting it to stay in - make sure you bleach your hair beforehand if you're going for the redred look. Also don't use any products like Manic Panic, those go right down the drain with the water you put into your hair. If you have any stores like Sally Beauty around you at all, that would be my 2nd best recommendation. They can show you what color and brand will be best for your hair, and show you the specific products to use in your hair to make your color last the longest.


My best recommendation would be to go to a professional colorist and have them do it for you.


The worst thing you could probably do is go to a Wal-Mart or Hot Topic and purchase your hair dye there. You will be unsatisfied with the color and it will most likely fade out right away.


I hope my answer helped you!

No comments:

Post a Comment