Friday, February 26, 2010

Is a 14 year old going to high school too young for red hair dye?How can I convince my mom?

teenager red hair dye high school style Is a 14 year old going to high school too young for red hair dye?How can I convince my mom?
I dyed my hair bright red when I was 14 ... but I grew out of that shade when I got older and explored all the colors. I actually got addicted to dying my hair lol if you do dye your hair, be careful to not let that happen to you. Just tell your mom that you want to give hair dye a try and you want a change in your look cause it will make you popular. I'm not sure if it really will make you popular but that's what I said to my mom, she let me do it cause she wanted to let me do what I believed in. Is a 14 year old going to high school too young for red hair dye?How can I convince my mom?
I personally don't think 14 is too young to dye your hair red. Hair dying is a harmless and non-permanent way for young people to experiment and try new things. By forbidding it, your mother is turning it into a control issue and making it that much more intriguing to you, when she could be turning it into a fun way for you and her to do something together. Me, I would say ';Yeah honey, I'll do it for you!!';, and take advantage of the opportunity to get to know my daughter(or son, even) and learn something about this marvelous creature I created. Who knows, you may not even like it on yourself, but if you can't do it, you may never know. I am a 49 year old mother of three, now aged 30, 28, and 22, two girls and a boy, so I've pretty much seen it all. Sooo many parents complain that they don't know their own children, but it's usually because they don't even try. They moan and wail that they had ';no idea'; their child felt that way or that way about about something until they find out the hard way after the kid has cracked and committed suicide or killed others.
Why don't you start with some neatstreaking? and go from there? I wouldn't want my blonde daughter to go dark or something-just plain dye her hair (shes the same age) but do let her streak it-I think its classier anyway-you could ';build' from there....

No comments:

Post a Comment