Friday, February 26, 2010

What happens when you put red hair dye over pink hair?

ok so i dyed my hair pink like almost a month ago and now i want dark red and i want to dye it again so if i did what color would it come out as i already know it could kill my hair but the pink is really annoying me please no sarcasm and if you could give me a place to get the dye that would be nice toWhat happens when you put red hair dye over pink hair?
honestly, if I were you, I would dye it to a medium brown, leave that on for like 48 hours, then do the red on top of that. I always get my hair color at Target...What happens when you put red hair dye over pink hair?
If you are talking about a permanent more natural red dye, you need to bleach the pink out. Those dyes do not work the same way. The pink (and unnatural reds) stain the outside of the hair shaft. Regular dye goes into the hair shaft, so if you put a permanent color over the pink it will turn some strange, unpredictable color. You would have to bleach it. If you want a dark red like a Manic Panic or Punky Color red, then go ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment